Montreal departure – April 6 to 13, 2022 | 7 other places available
Quebec City departure – April 5 to 12, 2022 | 6 other places available
Enjoy the warm Cuban wind, the warm welcome of the Cuban people and discover the region of Holguin by bike. During this trip, our base camp will be set up at the 4 star Playa Pesquero Hotel. Depending on the choice of speed and distance for each group, you will be able to shape this adventure according to your form of the day. You will still be able to make this trip a discovery, as you will have a detailed itinerary for each day if you want to ride solo. Each departure will be from the hotel in order to discover different circuits around Holguin and we propose you a route varying from 50 to 150 km according to your needs. Most of our tours are relatively flat to get you started, but we also offer tours with some nice elevation changes. Please note that Luc Beaudet is traveling from Montreal and will be at Playa Pesquero from April 6 to 13, 2022. 10 places only on each departure!
Please note that Luc Beaudet is traveling from Montreal and will be at Playa Pesquero from April 6 to 13, 2022.
3 / 5
What does the difficulty level mean ?
1 : Easy, flat terrain, requires little effort, between 20 and 50 km
2 : Quite easy, flat terrain and slight inclination, requires some effort, between 50 and 70 km
3 : Intermediate, many hills, between 70 and 100 km
4 : Advanced intermediate, mountainous, requires much effort, between 80 and 120 km
5 : Advanced, major difference in height, constant effort, between 90 and 130 km
This is an indication, the levels may vary depending on the different routes.
- Round trip flight from Montreal to Holguin with Air Transat in Economy class
- 7 nights’ accommodation at Playa Pesquero 4* in a standard room
- All-inclusive formula
- Cycling improvement clinics
- Cycling jersey and cuffs
- Cycling improvement outings
- Stuffed animals and school supplies give away in local schools
- Services of trainers and guides
- Luggage fees for one suitcase
- Airport transfers, including cycle handling
- Services of Luc Beaudet, group leader and president of Gran Fondo Eco
- Protection offered by the Compensation fund for customers of travel agents
- Luggage, cycle transportation fees with the airline | 100 $ CAD round trip if paid in advance ($150 if paid at the airport on the day of the flight)
- Seat selection with the airline if applicable
ADDITIONAL OPTION ($):
- Cycle assembly on day one and back in the box on the last day: $100
Entry and exit requirements – COVID-19
Most governments have implemented special entry and exit restrictions and requirements for their territory due to COVID-19. Before travelling, it is your responsibility to verify if the local authorities of both your current location and destinations have implemented any restrictions or requirements related to this situation. Vaccination or health passports may be required in some cases. It is your responsibility to be aware of the specific entry, exit and transit restrictions and requirements for the country or territory you are visiting before you travel and before you book your trip. Voyages Gendron is not responsible if you do not meet your destination’s entry or exit requirements. For full details on health measures and entry and exit requirements for a destination, visit the official government website.
Flight to Cuba. Arriving in Holguin and transferring to the hotel. Checking in and free time.
7 am: Breakfast.
9 am: Preparing our first outing. Overview of the itineraries. Formation of small groups. Each group has a local guide.
Noon to 2 pm: Returning from our cycling outing.
5 pm: Improvement and technical clinic.
7 pm: Group dinner and entertainment.
Leaving for the airport and our flight back home. Depending on flight time, we might have a last outing before leaving.
- 3 pools
- 11 restaurants
- Alcohol 24 h
- Snacks 24 h
- Entertainment in the evening
- 3 tennis courts
- Massages ($)
- Shops ($)