May 6 to 16, 2019
11 days | 10 nights | 17 meals
During 11 unforgettable days, this tour explores Costa Rica from coast to coast. Discover the beauty of Costa Rica: rainforests, authentic inhabitants, wild beaches, nice climate and unique geography. While traveling with us, you will discover the charms of the Caribbean, Tortuguero National Park , Arenal volcano, Monteverde’s forest, Poas volcano, Manuel Antonio National Park… And this tour will be made with a bus offering the latest technology with a bilingual guide and a professional photograph.
Departures every Tuesdays and Thursdays
(Price calculated on July 10, 2018 based on a stay from May 6 to 16, 2019. Other dates available.)
- San José
- Playa Samara
- Round trip flight from Montreal to San José
- All transfers by private bus
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari 4★ in San José
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the La Baula Lodge 3★ in Tortuguero
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the Mountain Paradise near Arenal volcano
- 2 nights’ accommodation at the Nammbu at Playa Samara
- 1 night accommodation at the El Establo 4★ in Monteverde
- 1 night accommodation at the Tramonto Hotel near Manuel Antonio National Park
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Visits and tours:
- Poas volcano
- National Park Tortuguero
- Gardens of La Paz waterfalls
- Arenal volcano
- Beah of Samara
- Beach of Jaco
- Tarcoles bridge
- Monteverde forest
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Entry fee to the sites and parks
- Local guide during your stay
- Protection offered by the Compensation fund for customers of travel agents
OPTIONS ($) :
- Parking space at Montréal-Trudeau Airport at a preferential rate | Aeroparc, multi-level and ValetParc lots
- Get your travel insurance (medical, cancellation and/or interruption) with your travel agent
NOT INCLUDED :
- Luggage fees with the airline
- Tours other than those mentioned
- Entry fee for Tortuguero national park ($ 15 USD)
- Meals other than those mentioned
- Alcoholic beverages, additional drinks at meals and personal expenses
- Tourist tax of $ 29 USD
Great moments of your trip:
- Unique tour of Tortuguero National Park
- Caribbean coast
- Visit of 5 national parks and 2 volcanoes
- Accommodation in typical hotel of superior quality
** Hotels mentioned may be replaced by hotels of similar quality
Welcome to Costa Rica! Upon arrival at the airport, get on the complimentary shuttle to your hotel – DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari – where you will spend the first night. Free time to relax or explore the city.
Start your day early with a departure at 6: 15 am to the Caribbean coast: Tortuguero channels, incredible beaches and beautiful wetlands full of life. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included on your tour.
Explore the city, the beach, the channels and the surroundings. The hotel also offers a luxurious garden worth your time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
After breakfast, we make it back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari in San Jose. Free time all day: discover the city and its surroundings.
After breakfast, we leave for Poas Volcano National Park: if the temperature allows, you will have the opportunity to walk along the biggest volcanic crater summit in the world. In the morning, you will see a tropical forest and its incredible vegetation. Access to the park is included in your fare.
Then, we get back to the bus to go to the gardens of La Paz waterfalls, one of Costa Rica’s most popular attraction. All life typical of costa Rica can be found in La Paz.
After that, we continue to the north plains of Costa Rica and Arenal volcano. We will get there as the sun sets, just in time to check in at Mountain Paradise, where you will have access to its renowned thermal sources. The complex offer 25 pools of mineral water.
A day of exploration awaits! You have a choice between sugar or pineapple plantations, a stroll in the national park, tarpon fishing at Caño Negro or a whitewater expedition on Balsa river: an adrenaline packed day including rock climbing and canyoning!
At the end of the day, you’ll relax at Mountain Paradise in their thermal sources at the hearth of the jungle. Free time awaits for the rest of the day. Two restaurants and two bars are also on site. (B, D)
A relaxing day at the beach! We will visit Guanacaste on the Pacific coast. Renowned for its ideal temperature all year long, its wild beaches and dry tropical forest – the last one on Earth.
You will spend 2 nights at the Villas Playa Samara Resort where modern rooms blend in with nature.
Recharge your batteries by the pool or go to Monkey Tours desk and discover available activities from shopping to fishing to surfing. You can also chill on one of the beautiful beaches of Guanacaste with a view on Chora island.
The cloudy forest of Monteverde gets its name from the fact that it is always covered by clouds. it has its own micro climate and the most diverse biodiversity on the planet. You will cross the forest in the sky tram with the possibility of zip lining your way in the forest ($) and walking across hanging bridges – the Sky Walk – ($) of Sky Adventure.
You are sure to remember the view of the forest from the sky for years to come. Free time in the evening is the perfect opportunity to discover the village of Monteverde or chill at your hotel.
After breakfast, you’ll get to Manuel Antonio National Park to see its rainforest and beaches considered to be among the most beautiful in the world. We will stop at Tarcoles on the way to see wild crocodiles. Then you will be guided through the park where you will see sloths, monkeys, aras and much more. And lastly you will get to your hotel, Tramonto Hotel, and you will take advantage of your evening to discover its amenities and entertainment near Jaco beach.
Aaaand its time to go back home. The shuttle will leave at 7:00 am from Tramonto Hotel. A 90 minutes ride will take you to the airport two hours before your flight.