August 9 to 17, 2021
9 days | 8 nights | 11 meals
Book before March 31, 2021 and save $280 / couple
Book before March 31, 2021 and save $280 / couple
$200 discount / couple if paid in cash
$100 deposit / pers. refundable up to 120 days before your departure.*
1st Deposit $100 / pers. for new reservation, refundable until April 9, 2021
2th Deposit $400 / pers. due April 9, 2021 non-refundable
Final payment due 60 days before your departure
Reservation after March 31, 2021 deposit $500 / pers. non-refundable. Final payment due 60 days before your departure.
The most popular itinerary, FIRST PASSAGE TO THE WEST, retraces the steps of early 19th century explorers who marvelled at the wilderness and gives you a living history lesson in nation building.
This tour combines the majestic landscapes of Western Canada with a visit to its great cities rich in history. Turquoise lakes, glaciers, waterfalls and giant trees will be there! Experience the unique experience of a train trip between Banff and Vancouver aboard the famous and highly award-winning Rocky Mountaineer.
- Accompanied tour departing from Montreal
- Three stages of two consecutive nights
- Rocky Mountaineer Train between Banff and Vancouver
- Stops at Louise, Moraine and Peyto lakes
- Moderate pace
- 100% French-speaking experience on board the train in the car exclusive to our customers
- Flight from Montreal City to Calgary, return from Vancouver
- Luggage costs for the first suitcase
- Transport during the whole circuit (the type of vehicle will be determined according to the number of participants)
- 2 days aboard the Rocky Mountaineer train, following the First passage to the West in Gold Leaf service (boarding at Banff)
- 8 nights’ accommodation: 2 nights in Banff, 1 night in Kamloops, 3 nights in Vancouver and 2 nights in Victoria.
- 11 meals: 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 welcome dinner with a glass of wine
- Banff and Calgary orientation tour
- Ice Explorer Caterpillar Excursion on the Athabasca Glacier
- Stop at Peyto Lake, Château Lake Louise and Moraine Lake
- Banff National Park Entry Fees
- Guided tour of Vancouver: Stanley Park, Chinatown, Queen Elizabeth Park, and Gastown.
- Access to the Capilano suspension bridge
- Visit the salmon fishway
- Ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay
- Tour of Victoria: residential neighbourhoods, harbour, Beacon Hill Park, Empress Hotel and marina.
- Visit to the Victoria Parliament (subject to availability)
- Entrance to Butchart Gardens
- Services of a French-speaking tour guide
- Protection offered by the Compensation Fund for Travel Agents’ Clients
NOT INCLUDED :
- Meals other than those mentioned.
*Price may vary, subject to availability at the time of booking. Departures on other dates available on request.
All the reductions are applied on the prices shown on the website.
Go to the Montreal airport to catch your flight to Calgary. Upon arrival, orientation tour of the province’s largest city. Depart for Banff. Check into hotel for two nights. Welcome dinner including a glass of wine. (Diner)
During your orientation tour, you’ll have the opportunity to see Bow River Falls and fairy chimneys, among others. Stop at the famous Château Lake Louise and Moraine Lake. Return to Banff where you will have free time to shop and enjoy the benefits of the sulphurous waters that are the origin of this park. Your guide will offer you, as an option, the climb of Sulphur Mountain ($67 rate subject to change without notice). (Breakfast)
You will take the Icefields Parkway to Jasper. Stop at Peyto Lake. Arriving at the Athabasca Glacier, you will take a caterpillar tour that will take you through 300 m. of ice! Upon arrival in Jasper, check in at the hotel for the night. (Breakfast)
Board the Rocky Mountaineer for a two-day trip. Route between Jasper and Kamloops, during which you will be able to easily admire the beautiful scenery throughout the day. Breakfast and dinner on board. Overnight in Kamloops. (Breakfast/lunch)
Boarding the Rocky Mountaineer, breakfast and dinner on board. You will continue your journey westward to the city of Vancouver. You will follow the Thompson River, enjoy the tumultuous waters of Hell’s Gate and enter the Fraser Canyon surrounded by the Coast Mountains. Accommodation for two nights in Vancouver. (Breakfast/Lunch)
A tour of Vancouver with a local guide will take you to Stanley Park, Chinatown, Queen Elizabeth Park and Gastown. Free afternoon to explore the city at your leisure. (Breakfast)
This morning, you will take the longest suspension bridge in the world: the Capilano Bridge followed by a visit to a salmon fishway. You will take the ferry from Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay (1 hour and 35 minutes) then drive to Victoria. Settling in Victoria for two nights. (Breakfast)
Morning tour of Victoria with your guide: residential areas, the harbour, Beacon Hill Park, Empress Hotel, marina and parliament. Afternoon free to enjoy the British flair of the provincial capital. In the evening, visit the famous Butchart Gardens transformed into colourful magic by a clever set of reflectors. (Breakfast)
Some free time this morning to finish your explorations of the city. You will take the ferry from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen (1 hour and 35 minutes) then drive to Vancouver. Settling in Vancouver for the night. (Breakfast)
Transfer to Vancouver airport to catch your return flight to Montreal. (Breakfast)