October 3 to 4, 2020
2 days | 1 night | 3 meals
- Other dates
- Transportation by luxury coach
- 1 night accommodation at hotel Le Quiet
- 1 breakfast
- 1 group lunch
- A 3-service group dinner
- Evening of astronomy at ASTROLab
- Guided tour of Lac-Mégantic town with a local guide
- Visit at the picturesque village of Piopolis
- Guided tour of Maison du Granit with a local guide
- Gratuities to the local guide and to restaurants
- Services of a Gendrontours group leader
- Protection offered by the Compensation fund for customers of travel agents
- Offset your trip’s CO2 emissions in collaboration with Compensation CO2 Québec
- Get your travel insurance (medical, cancellation and/or interruption) with your travel agent
NOT INCLUDED :
- Meals other than those mentioned
9 AM – 10:30 AM: Departure
12:30 AM:Free time for lunch in Mégantic ($)
2 PM: Guided city tour of Megantic with a local guide
Your local guide will take you through the city telling you its story, anecdotes and telling you about projects related to reconstruction. He will interpret for you the accounts surrounding the railway tragedy.
4 PM: Arriving at the hotel.
4:30 PM: Group dinner.
6 PM: Leaving for the ASTROLab.
Evening: ASTROLab: an evening of astronomy
The ASTROLab is a center full of activities in astronomy dedicated to the public. Here you can visit the best-performing Observatory in Canada, fascinating exhibits and a high-definition multimedia room. In the evening, look up at the sky to see one of Quebec’s most beautiful starry skies.
The evening starts in the multimedia room with a presentation on celestial movement. In the second part of the evening, if the sky is clear, you will look at the sky with a telescope. If the sky isn’t clear, you’ll continue inside. Be sure to have clothing suitable for the temperature.
Back to the hotel.
9 AM: Breakfast at the hotel.
10 AM: Leaving with our luggage.
10:30 AM:Visit of the Maison du Granit and interpretation of the environment
From a former granite quarry perched on the mountainside, discover the stonemasonry tradition and the know-how of modern industry! In addition to educating you on the history of stonecutters, you will have the chance to contemplate a breathtaking landscape enjoying the outdoor exposure. Like fossils revealing the past, giant engravings trace the genesis of stone, the history of industry and the granite region from l880 to today. Visit the outdoor museum and the interior interpretation center. Shop on site.
12:30 PM: Group lunch.
2:30 PM: Visit and interpretation of the village of Piopolis
In Piopolis, a typical village founded by the Pontifical Zouaves, you will be guided to the Halt of Zouaves where you will be told the history of the village, the fire tower, the Zouaves hut and the quay.
5:30 PM: End of tour and return to your departure area
9-10 PM: Estimated time of arrival.
Megantic and the ASTROLabJuly 14 to 15, 2020
2 days | 1 night | 3 meals
Group leader: Linda Fortin
Hotel : Le Quiet$395 / pers.See details