August 22 to 25, 2019
4 days | 3 nights | 3 meals
Discover New York’s new favorite neighborhood: Brooklyn.
Cross the famous Brooklyn bridge and start your discovery. Rejuvenated by young professionals, it has found a new dynamic. Along the east River, get a great view of Manhattan and see Williamsburg, the hipsters, artists and designers’ borough. The many parks, bars, cafés, restaurants and events are reminiscent of the plateau Mont-Royal.
- Transportation by luxury coach
- 3 nights’ accommodation at the Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights or at the Holiday Inn Totowa in New Jersey (accessible via public transport from Times Square)
- 3 breakfasts
- 1-day guided tour of Brooklyn with Le Guide New York, Richard Châteauvert : Brooklyn Heights, Williamsburg, Jewish Quarter, Bushwick and its murals, Prospect Park and more
- Map of New York
- Stops: High Line, Ground Zero, 9-11 Memorial et One World Trade Center
- Stroll in Times Square, Central Park, Wall Street, Financial District, South Street Seaport, Lower Manhattan, Chinatown, Little Italy, 5th Avenue, Rockefeller Center
- Seat selection in the bus, valid for the entire stay
- 10 % discount card at Macy’s and Century 21
- Services of a Gendrontours group leader
- Protection offered by the Compensation fund for customers of travel agents
- Optional activities – See the Activities tab
- Get your travel insurance (medical, cancellation and/or interruption) with your travel agent
NOT INCLUDED :
- Meals other than those mentioned
AM: Leaving for New York. Stopping for breakfast after customs ($).
Noon: Free time for lunch on the way ($)
PM: Arriving in New York. Stroll and orientation tour on foot of 5th Avenue, New York Public Library, Grand Central Terminal, Macy’s, Cathedral St-Patrick, Central Park, Top of the Rock ($), Empire State Building ($) and Times Square.
Evening: Free time for dinner ($). Your group leader can suggest restaurants. Meeting back with the bus for the ride to the hotel.
Later in the evening: Arriving at the Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights in New Jersey. Note that the exact time for the transfer to the hotel depends on the arrival time in New York. Your group leader will confirm the time before you leave the bus.
8:00 am: Leaving the hotel.
8:45 am: City tour with your group leader:
- American Museum of Natural History;
- Area around the Dakota Building;
- Stroll at Strawberry Fields;
- Stroll in Central Park;
- Bethesda fountain
12:30 pm: Free time ifor lunch in Little Italy.
2:00 pm: Free time on Canal Street and in Little Italy (Mulberry St)
4:00 pm: Stroll on the High Line – 14th St. to 34th St.
Evening: SFree time for dinner and in the evening
8:30 am: Leaving the hotel.
9:30 am: Visiting the following:
- New York City Hall
- Supreme Court
- Stroll on Brooklyn bridge and to Dumbo
Around noon: Free time for lunch ($) in Smorgasburg Williamsburg. Over 100 kiosks of the best New York restaurants come every week.
130 pm: Visit of historical boroughs:
- Brooklyn Museum
- Brooklyn Brewery
- South Williamsburg
- Little Odessa / Brighton Beach
- Botanical Garden
4:00 pm: Visit of Coney Island, an old island now a peninsula located south of Brooklyn, famous for its beach by the Atlantic Ocean.
6:00 pm: Free time for dinner ($).
8:30 pm: Stroll in Empire Fulton Ferry State Park. Enjoy a great view over Manhattan in the evening. Back to the hotel.
6:30 am: Wake up call.
7:00 am: Breakfast at the hotel.
8:30 am: Leaving the hotel with our luggage.
AM: Drop off in Manhattan:
Option: Free time in Times Square OR Visit of downtown with stops at:
- Wall Street
- Ground Zero
- One World Trade Center
- South Street Seaport
11:00 am: One-hour Guided cruise on the Hudson River and the East River on Circle Line’s Zephyr ($).
12:00 pm: Free time in South Street Seaport for lunch ($) and to enjoy the area . **Your group leader can give suggestions**
Free time for dinner on the way back ($).
11:00 pm: Estimated time of arrival.
RIPLEY’S BELIEVE IT OR NOT | US $ 25
This museum showcases events and objects among the most bizarre and incredible. Participate in interactive exhibitions and discover interesting artefacts from around the world, most of which have been collected by Robert Ripley.
TOP OF THE ROCK | US $ 35
Admire the view over Manhattan from Rockefeller Center’s Top of the Rock observatory.
EMPIRE STATE BUILDING | US $ 25
Get to the top of the Empire Building for view over the city.
HUDSON RIVER CRUISE | US $ 25
1-hour guided cruise on the Hudson River from where you’ll see the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn bridge, Ellis Island and Battery Park.