- Ski resort(s)
Closer to Heaven, Down to Earth. That’s Castle!
Castle Mountain Resort (CMR) is Alberta’s most authentic mountain experience. The resort, occupying an exceptionally beautiful, and snowy, location in the Westcastle Valley of the Southwestern Alberta Rocky Mountains, is located 2.5 hours southwest of Calgary. Castle is the only resort in Alberta with drive-to, ski-in/ski-out accommodations. The resort is well known for the best continuous fall-line terrain in Canada and no shortage of powder (900 cm’s annually). Castle is Alberta’s second largest resort, by acreage, taking skiers and riders back to the roots of our sport with uncrowded slopes, superb hospitality, and fixed grip lifts.
- 3592 acres; Alberta’s second largest ski area
- 2833 feet of vertical
- Alberta’s snowiest resort (900 cm / 354” avg)
- 94 + trails (includes 8 alpine bowls)
- Alberta’s only resort based cat-skiing operation, the Powder Stagecoach
- 7 lifts (2 triples, 2 doubles, 3 surface lifts)
- Alberta’s only drive-to, ski-in/ski-out accommodations including vacation homes, hotel rooms, and hostel accommodation.
Castle Mountain Resort added its Powder Stagecoach cat skiing operation to the list of unique things to do in Alberta, in 2010/11. This resort based wilderness adventure uses the Huckleberry Chair and a snow cat to take people high onto Haig Mountain, where more than 2000 vertical feet and almost 900 acres of untracked terrain awaits.
Castle’s cat skiing combines the best of both worlds; pristine, untouched glades and bowls with all the amenities that one would expect of a ski / snowboard resort. Guests will not only enjoy our spectacular terrain but also a warm washroom break and exceptional après-ski as they reminisce about their day.
Each cat-ski day can accommodate a max of 24 guests (2 groups of 12 guests / cat)