Update from May 20, 2020 at 9:50 AM
We are aware that the situation surrounding COVID-19 may be subject of some concern.
We are currently putting in place various procedures to support you in making changes or cancellations and to make your travel as safe as possible. Do not hesitate to communicate with your travel specialist of any information on your previous or future travels.
Update from March 16, 2020 at 10 AM
In light of the latest government recommendations, Voyages Gendron has decided to have all of its employees telework for an indeterminate period of time.
We will be reachable without problems by phone or e-mail and will continue to support all our clients during the crisis. We ask you to avoid physically coming to our offices during this period.
Thank you for your support and understanding once again.
To reach us: 450 373-8747, 514 866-8747, 1-800-561-8747 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Update from March 13, 2020
Different suppliers offer more flexibility
Several tour operators and cruise lines have set up a flexible program for upcoming trips.
Here are a few links to find out about the various promotions in effect from our suppliers, that may be applicable on a new individual reservation made with our travel specialists so that you can plan your trips with complete peace of mind. For those of you who would like to modify or cancel their existing reservations, we have compiled a list of the various policies in effect:
- Flexibility policy: https://www.transat.com/fr-CA/reserver/forfait/reservez-en-toute-confiance
- Cancellation or changes policies: https://www.airtransat.com/fr-CA/formulaires/flexibilite
- Air Canada Vacations:
- Flexibility policy: https://vacations.aircanada.com/fr/infos-de-voyage/protections-de-voyage
- Cancellation or changes policies: https://vacations.aircanada.com/fr/avis-aux-voyageurs
- Flexibility policy: https://www.sunwing.ca/fr/promotion/packages/worry-free-cancellation-waiver
- Norwegian Cruise Line:
- Flexibility, cancellation or changes policies: https://www.ncl.com/ca/fr/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence
- Celebrity Cruises:
- Flexibility, cancellation or changes policies: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence
- Air Canada:
- Flexibility policy: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/fr/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/change-fee-waiver.html
- Cancellation or changes policies: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/fr/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/change-fee-waiver-existing-bookings.html
- Qatar Airways:
- Flexibility policy: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/press-releases/2020/March/NewTravelPolicy.html
- Cancellation or changes policies: https://www.qatarairways.com/en/travel-alerts/COVID-19-update.html
- Delta Air Lines:
- Flexibility, cancellation or changes policies: https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisories/other-alerts/coronavirus-travel-updates
- Air France:
- Flexibility, cancellation or changes policies: https://www.airfrance.ca/CA/fr/common/page_flottante/hp/infos-trafic-aerien-air-france.htm
- Flexibility, cancellation or changes policies: https://www.klm.com/travel/ca_fr/prepare_for_travel/up_to_date/flight_update/index.htm
Reduction of risks during the transportation segments of our trips
Our maintenance team, in charge of our coaches, will maintain more than ever the standards of hygiene and cleanliness of our fleet and will make sure that the coaches are well disinfected, both inside and out. It will pay particular attention to all areas that passengers might touch.
Airlines have also established new protocols to ensure that your trip is safe and to minimize the risks associated with your trip, in conjunction with the various government health agencies. Air Canada’s efforts, among others, can be found at https://www.aircanada.com/ca/fr/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/covid-19-preventive-measures.html
Where can I find reliable information?
It can be difficult to find up-to-date and verified information concerning COVID-19 and its affected destinations. You can consult the various government notices at https://voyage.gc.ca/. We ourselves consult them to be informed of the risk levels of travel destinations. The information is updated daily. Most recently, they have set up a Frequently Asked Questions page that will answer many of your questions, at https://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/consommateur/bien-service/voyage/fonds-indemnisation/covid-19/
Our recommended insurance: Manulife’s Premium Protection Plan
Manulife offers a Premium Protection Plan which provides travellers with a full protection. It must be purchased within 72 hours of making a deposit on a trip and is applicable to persons aged 74 years old and under only.
Please note that the Premium Protection Plan will reimburse 80 % of the total amount paid for your trip in the event of cancellation for any reason, including COVID-19. The insurance covers you for up to 100 % of the total amount paid for your trip in the event of cancellation due to any standard unforeseen reason.
Our specialists are available to answer all your questions about your current and future reservations.
We thank you for your trust.
– Gendron Travel team